Application and Nomination at your Home University
Before you apply to DHBW Heilbronn you must be nominated by your home university. First, inquire at your university’s International Office (or Coordinator for Exchanges or ERASMUS) to determine if an agreement with DHBW Heilbronn already exists. If this is the case, please apply through your home university as a candidate for the Junior Program of Business Administration. Once you have applied successfully, your university officially nominates you for an academic exchange to DHBW Heilbronn. Next, you will prepare the actual application for the Junior Program (see below). If your university has yet to establish an agreement with DHBW Heilbronn, you may apply for our Junior Program as a so-called free mover. Please request that the international coordinator at your home university contact us for more information.
Application and Acceptance at DHBW Heilbronn
After the nomination at your home university, please prepare your application documents. The application deadline for the Junior Program is May 31st of the same year and late applications will only be accepted on a space-available basis. Your documents can be submitted through your home university’s International Office. They may also be sent directly to DHBW Heilbronn if your home university permits it. In case you send the application yourself, please apply via email to the International Office.
Please provide the International Office with a valid email address, which you access regularly. Please also ensure that your scans are of high quality, as we cannot accept photographs of documents. To complete the application, please download the documents and fill them out by computer. You can open the document for editing by clicking the button next to the printer.
Please prepare and send the following documents:
- Completed and signed application form for international students.
- Digital passport photo in the application form and attached in the mail. Submit this file as a jpeg for your student ID card.
- Most recent official Transcript of Records (with grading scale) in English or German
- Proof of English language skills (more information below, this requirement only applies to non-native English speakers)
- Your resumé/curriculum vitae in English (for a semester in German, write this in German)
- Essay about 500 words in length: please describe your motivation for the participation in this study program and state how it will contribute to your studies, career and personal goals.
- Your course choice: DHBW Learning Agreement (for non-EU students) or Erasmus Learning Agreement (for EU students if you have no Erasmus+ Learning Agreement from your home university) signed by the departmental & institutional coordinators.
- Scan of passport (for non-EU students) or ID card (for EU students)
- Scan of your university entrance qualification (your school-leaving certificate which qualifies you for university study)
- Proof of Health insurance: EU-students: please send a scan of your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) with your application. Non-EU-students: You have to demonstrate proof of health insurance after you are officially accepted by DHBW Heilbronn.
After processing your application, the International Office at DHBW Heilbronn will send you an official letter of acceptance with further instructions. If necessary, this letter of acceptance can be used to apply for a student visa.
To join the Junior Program of Business Administration, non-native English speakers require English language proficiency commensurate with the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Language (CEFR). Please note that students who wish to enroll in courses outside of the Junior Program in Business Administration will need to demonstrate German proficiency at the C1 level or above for courses instructed in German. If you have questions about appropriate documentation for proof of your language level, please contact us.